There is a boot for every foot, big or small; narrow or wide. There is a boot for every calf, skinny or “athletic”. We’ve featured dozens of comfortable boots on BarkingDogShoes.com over the years. Here are six of my favorite Tall boots for fall 2014, always with comfort and support in mind. If nothing catches your eye, take a look at last year’s guide to fall boots – most boots are still current styles!
1. Cat®Footwear is Caterpillar’s worldwide footwear licensee®Inc., makers of all those super awesome eARThmoving machines: backhoes, excavators, and skid steers. His boots cannot beeARTh moveMent, but they are very handsome. The Alexandria features a full Grain Leather upper, breathable twill lining and antimicrobial footbed, PVC Midsole for support, and a cushioned insole. 1 3/4″ heel with 3/4″ platform, 15″ calf circumference. Sizes 5-10, medium width. $220 at Zappos, $66 at 6pm.com, free shipping; $89-220 on Amazon, free shipping and returns.
2. Patagonia Better Clog Tall: The Taller sister in the Better Clog family, this boot is a good choice for those with slim to medium calves. Also, if you like the rocker sole feel of a clog, the Better Clog Tall boot features Patagonia’s signature Glide Right platform, which is basically the same thing. A nylon arch provides stability and support. 14 1/2″ calf circumference, 2″ heel with 3/4″ platform. $92.99 at Amazon, free shipping and returns.
3. Naya North and Naya North Wideshaft: I like to think of Naya shoes as a step up in style from Naturalizer (they’re related brands under the Brown Shoe umbrella). Naya’s North style comes in regular and wide shaft styles. The Naya insole is padded with
Moderate arch support and it’s really a Tall boot as it comes up to the knee. The wide shaft version has a 16 1/2″ circumference and the regular shaft boot has a 14 1/2″ circumference. Both styles come in medium and wide widths. Available for $79.99 at Naturalizer.com, $64-248 at Amazon, $99.99 at 6pm.com.
4. Miz Mooz October: Isn’t she lovely? I’m featuring the reds, but this unique tall boot with an off-center lace gusset also comes in black, khaki (plus loden green), and brown. The October features a roomy toe box, 2″ rubber wedge heel, cushioned insole. Calf circumference is 13″ but laces provide adjustability. Runs a Half size small. $139.95 at InfinityShoes.com with free ground shipping.
5. Spring Step Albany: So you want style, warmth, comfortanddry feet? No, you’re not asking too much. The Springstep Albany will handle all four. WATERPROOF Leather + cozy Faux Fur lining + shock absorbing 1 3/4″ wedge heel + good traction = happy winter feet. 16″ calf circumference, sizes 5.5-10. $117-149 at Amazon, $129.95 at OnlineShoes.com.
6. Bussola Trapani: Bussola makes beautiful, quality shoes in vegetable-tanned Leathers with padded and removable insoles.The Trapani tall boot has a special detail at the back: an elastic insert that stretches to fit most calf widths. The latex foam footbed is antimicrobial and removable, while the high-compression rubber outsole provides shock absorption and traction. $54-189 at Amazon, $189.95 at FootwearEtc.com with free shipping. See a similar style from Bussola with an ultra Suede stretch back panel at FootSmART for $99.97 with free shipping.